About Me

My photo
I serve as pastor of Trinity United Methodist Church in Annapolis, MD. I'm married to beautiful Paula, mother of my 4 sons and one daughter. I was a systems engineer before entering ministry 29 years ago.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm Back from Turkey

I got home from two weeks in Turkey about 10:15pm Monday night (Feb. 16). It was a wonderful experience leading conferences for the Turkish churches in Ankara, the capital city, and Adana, the fourth largest city. We visited Antakya (Biblical Antioch) where Jesus' followers were first called "Christians," and where Paul and Barnabas were commissioned by God as the first traveling missionaries. We also visited Tarsus, Paul's home town.

Over the next few days or weeks I'll be posting thoughts about my trip here in this blog. I hope they are a blessing to you as the trip was to me.

And I'm so grateful to those who kept Trinity Church moving forward in my absence. Good folks we are blessed with here!